Are you feeling self-conscious about your smile? A smile makeover from your cosmetic dentist can help you get the smile you’ve always dreamed about. Whether you have tooth discoloration, broken teeth, missing teeth, or a crooked smile, there are many treatment options available to help correct these dental imperfections and others.
What is a Smile Makeover?
When people think of smile makeovers, porcelain veneers usually come to mind. While veneers can be used in a smile makeover, they aren’t the only cosmetic dental treatment available to revamp your smile. A true smile makeover combines a mixture of dental treatments to give you a beautiful smile you can be proud of.
Smile Makeover Treatment Options
Your cosmetic dentist will work with you to come up with a smile makeover plan to meet your unique needs and give you the results you desire. A skilled dentist will first address oral health concerns to make sure that your mouth is healthy enough for cosmetic treatments. After that, you will work together to decide on the best approach to correcting your smile. A smile makeover may include a combination of any of the following popular smile correction treatments:
- Dental Veneers: Porcelain veneers, also called dental veneers, are layered, extremely thin sheets of porcelain that are placed on teeth and bonded in place. Veneers look like natural teeth and instantly brighten, straighten, and even strengthen your smile.
- Clear Correct: Clear Correct clear braces can be ideal if you need braces but want to straighten your teeth in an inconspicuous way. Your dentist will give you a series of custom-fitted teeth aligner trays that will gradually straighten your smile — all without metal brackets or wires. You can easily remove them during the day to eat, brush and floss.
- Teeth Whitening: Professional teeth whitening is the most common cosmetic dental treatment amongst patients looking to brighten their smile. Whether you need a take-home whitening kit, custom-fitted teeth whitening trays, or in-office teeth whitening treatments, the highly-concentrated whitening gel used in these professional-grade options are much stronger and longer-lasting than drugstore whitening options.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Fillings have come a long way thanks to modern advancements in dental technologies. If you have old silver fillings, your dentist may be able to replace them with tooth-colored fillings. These fillings are made from composite resin and shaded to match your unique tooth color. The white color will make them virtually invisible to everyone.
- Composite/Tooth-Colored Bonding: If you have a chip or crack in your tooth, a tiny gap between your teeth, or a stain, tooth-colored dental bonding solution can be used to conceal these smile imperfections and others. It is a quick treatment that doesn’t require anesthesia, nor does it reduce your tooth’s structure. Your dentist will simply clean your tooth, rub it with a mild bonding solution, apply the composite resin in several coats, and then shape the bonding to match your smile.
- Dental Implants: If you have one or a few missing teeth, dental implants can help restore your smile. An implant is a titanium screw that acts as an artificial root for your replacement tooth. The “root” fuses to your jawbone over several months and then a dental crown is attached to it to restore full tooth functionality. Dental implants and crowns are made to look and function just like your natural teeth.
- Dental Crowns: While dental crowns are mostly used for restorative purposes, they also offer aesthetic uses when you need a smile makeover. Because dental crowns look like natural teeth, they can be used to add length to teeth or cover up flaws like cracks or chips.
- Dental Botox: When dental botox is administered in a dentist’s office, it is often used to treat facial pain from TMJ issues. But, some dentists also use dermal fillers to smooth laugh lines which can give you an even more youthful appearance. This service can greatly enhance your smile makeover!
Remember: The above information points are to be used as general guidelines only and all of these dental treatments may not work for everyone. If you think you may be a good candidate for a smile makeover, contact our skilled dentists for a thorough dental exam.
Smile Makeovers in Columbus Ohio
Are you ready for a complete smile makeover? Our team of caring, skilled smile makeover dentists in Columbus use only the best dental technologies to help you achieve a smile you will be proud to show off. Contact us today for a consultation and exam.