When you’re busy with work, kids and other obligations it can seem nearly impossible to squeeze in a visit to your dentist. This is especially true if the procedure or treatment you need requires multiple trips. High-quality dentists understand that your time is valuable and now offer a variety of same-day dental services to get you in, out and on your way to your next commitment.
The following dental procedures can brighten, perfect and restore your smile in just one visit to your dentist’s office.
Same-Day Routine Dental Services
- Professional Teeth Cleanings & Dental Exams: You really don’t have an excuse not to go to the dentist for basic teeth cleanings and exams. These same-day services occur just twice a year and typically last around 30 minutes to an hour. Getting your teeth professionally cleaned by a dental hygienist will keep your teeth and gums healthy plus ward off tooth decay. And dental exams will allow your dentist to see and treat dental issues before they have a chance to worsen.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: If your dentist finds that you have a mild to moderate cavity, they may recommend a tooth-colored filling. Your dentist will clean your tooth and gently administer local anesthesia to the area so you won’t feel anything during the procedure. They will then trim your tooth to make room for your filling and paint tooth-colored resin onto your tooth to fill the cavity.
- Root Canal Treatment: When your tooth is severely broken or dental decay makes its way to your tooth root, a root canal could be in order. During your root canal treatment, your dentist will assess your tooth with a dental x-ray. Local anesthesia will then be applied so you can remain comfortable. An opening will be made in your tooth’s crown and your dentist will clean out all of the decayed pulp that is causing problems. Once all of the infected tissue is removed and cleaned, the opening will either be filled with composite resin or a dental crown.
Same-Day Tooth Restoration Services
If your dentist recommends a tooth restoration procedure such a dental crown or dental bridge, you may wonder how you will fit a series of appointments into your already-packed calendar. Thankfully, dental technologies have come a long way in recent years with the introduction of CEREC same-day tooth restoration. Your dentist can use the CEREC system to create custom-designed and fabricated porcelain crowns, dentures, bridges and more in just one office visit. Here’s what to expect during a same-day CEREC tooth restoration procedure:
- Your dentist will numb the area, prep your teeth and remove any decay or tissue that is infected.
- Your dentist will take a digital impression of your tooth to create a 3D image on their computer screen.
- Your skilled dentist will then design your same-day replacement tooth using special software.
- The design will then be sent to the in-office milling machine to craft your replacement tooth in a shade that matches your own unique tooth color.
- Your dentist will check the fit of the restoration.
- Once your dentist is happy with the fit, your replacement tooth will be bonded into place with powerful dental cement and then polished.
Common CEREC same-day tooth restoration procedures include:
- CEREC Dental Crowns & Dental Implants: If you have a missing tooth or a tooth that is severely broken or decayed, a dental crown or dental implant may be recommended to restore your smile. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over a tooth to restore strength and functionality. Crowns are also used to cover dental implants. Implants are artificial titanium tooth roots that screw into your jawbone and house a dental crown to replace a missing tooth.
- CEREC Dental Bridges: Same-day dental bridges replace and bridge gaps or missing teeth by using surrounding teeth as a foundation. They help to properly align your smile and restore tooth functionality.
- CEREC Inlays & Onlays: Inlays and onlays offer similar benefits and can be excellent alternatives to dental crowns or tooth fillings. An inlay fits into the grooves within the cusps of a tooth, while an onlay replaces a tooth’s chewing surface.
- CEREC Partial Dentures: If you are missing several teeth, partial dentures can be a great solution for restoring your smile. Partial dentures hook onto surrounding, healthy teeth to create a stable tooth replacement option.
Same-Day Cosmetic Dental Services
- CEREC Dental Veneers: If your dentist has a CEREC machine, they may also offer same-day dental veneers. Also called porcelain veneers, dental veneers can instantly brighten, straighten and perfect your smile. Your dentist may recommend same-day CEREC veneers rather than traditional lab-created veneers if you are a good candidate and want to fix your smile quickly. Veneers are layered, extremely thin sheets of ceramic that are placed over your natural teeth to cover stains, cracks, crooked areas or gaps. They are extremely durable and look and function just like natural teeth.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: There are many ways that a dentist can help you brighten your smile with teeth whitening, but if you want results same-day, you can opt for in-office professional teeth whitening treatment. The highly-concentrated whitening solutions a dentist uses to whiten teeth can give you incredible results in one to two hours.
- Dental Botox: Licensed Botox dentists can offer same-day dental Botox in-office to alleviate headaches and pain that may stem from dental problems such as teeth grinding, TMJ issues and migraine headaches. A Botox dentist is also trained to cosmetically fill wrinkles and lines around your mouth to create a more youthful facial appearance.
Remember: The above information points should not be substituted for medical advice. Some patients may not be able to receive certain same-day services due to the state of their oral health. If you are interested in same-day dental services, contact our skilled Columbus dentists for a dental exam.
Columbus Same-Day Dental Services
If you’re looking for same-day dental services in Columbus Ohio, our skilled dentists at Capstone Dental in Clintonville can help with all of these treatments and others. Contact us today to schedule a dental exam so we can discuss your options.